To set up the Freshchat - Freshdesk integration,
- Login to your Freshchat account.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Integrations.
- Select Freshdesk.
5. Enter your Freshdesk Portal URL and Admin User Token to authorize the integration with Freshchat.
The Admin User Token is your Freshdesk API Key.
To find your Freshdesk API Key,
1. Login to your Freshdesk account.
2. Click on your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Click Profile Settings.
You can find your API key as shown in the screenshot below.
STEP 3: Once the authorization is complete, decide between converting every conversation into a Freshdesk ticket or converting specific conversations into Freshdesk tickets. If you want to do the former, click on the 'Make it mandatory for team members to convert every conversation into a ticket' toggle.
STEP 4: Choose the ticket fields which needs to be created by a team member while converting a conversation into a ticket.
1. Click on 'Add a new field'
2. Click on the Choose dropdown.
3. Select from a list of Mandatory and Optional Freshdesk ticket fields.
4. Choose the corresponding Freshchat properties (Device properties, Custom properties, User properties, Conversation properties) that you want to map with the Freshdesk ticket fields.
5. Click Save to save your selection.
Your ticket creation has now been enabled.
STEP 5: To transport your Freshdesk FAQ folders into FAQ categories inside the Freshchat messenger, select the FAQ folders you want to import.
1. Select the FAQ folders you want to import from the drop-down.
2. Select Do not overwrite category title and description if you want to retain the titles and description of the previously synced FAQs.
3. Click Import FAQs.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
In Freshdesk there are three levels - Categories, Folders and Articles, whereas in Freshchat we support only two levels - Categories and Articles.To make it compatible, the Freshdesk Folders become Freshchat FAQ Categories. The Articles are maintained under each Category in Freshchat. You can import all Published articles in Freshdesk that are Visible to All users and Visible to Logged in Users. Solutions that are visible only to Agents and Selected companies will not be shown in the list for import.