Set up the Freshdesk integration in Freshchat:
Choose Integrations from the side panel on the left in your Freshchat account.
You will be directed to the Freshdesk Integration page.
The steps below need to be fulfilled:
- Mandate if conversations needs to be converted into tickets
- Creating ticket fields
- Syncing FAQs
There are a couple of prerequisites you will need for authorization:
- Freshdesk Portal Name
- Freshdesk API key
You will have to do the following to perform the Authorization
1. To access your portal URL, sign in to your Freshdesk account. 2. You can find it by going to Admin -> Portals on Freshdesk
You will be directed to your Portal page
3. Click on View Portal on the right hand side, to open the portals page
4. Copy the Portal URL from the address bar. (domainname.freshdesk.com)
5. Paste the Portal URL in the Portal URL field on Freshchat.
6. Next step will be to add your Admin User Token on the Freshdesk Integration Page in Freshchat
7. For that you will have to access your Freshdesk API Key.
8. To access your Freshdesk API Key, do the following:
- As a Freshdesk Admin, go to your profile settings by clicking on your photo on the top right.
- You should find your API on the right column below Change Password.
- Your Freshdesk API key is your Admin User Token on Freshchat
- Copy the Freshdesk API Key and paste it on the Admin User Token field on the Freshchat Integration page.
9. Click Authorize.
10. Your authorization is now complete.
MANDATING IF CONVERSATIONS NEEDS TO BE CONVERTED INTO A TICKET
1. Toggle the button to the right to make it mandatory for all conversations to be converted into tickets.
Note: If it is set to mandatory you will be unable to resolve a conversation in Freshchat without converting it as a ticket first. If it is set to ‘not mandatory’ you can optionally convert into a ticket when resolving a conversation.
CREATING TICKET FIELDS
This step allows you to choose the fields which needs to be created by a team member while converting a conversation into a ticket.
1. Click on 'Add a new field'
2. Click on the Choose dropdown.
3. Select from a list of mandatory and optional fields.
4. Click on 'Save' to save the created fields. Your ticket creation has now been enabled.
- On Freshchat, Click on Edit next to the Import FAQs from Freshdesk option.
You will see a Import to Freshchat field and a Previously Imported field. Import to Freshchat is the field that requires you to choose the FAQs you want to import from Freshdesk to Freshchat. Previously Imported field shows the FAQs that have already been imported. That field will be empty if you are yet to import your FAQs from Freshdesk
Note: There's a Do not Overwrite Category Title and Description option on the Freshdesk integration page. If you keep this checked, on further sync your title and description will be preserved and not be overwritten even if it is changed in Freshdesk.
HOW DOES IT WORK?In Freshdesk there are three levels - Categories, Folders and Articles, whereas in Freshchat we support only two levels - Categories and Articles.To make it compatible, the Freshdesk Folders become Freshchat FAQ Categories. The Articles are maintained under each Category in Freshchat. You can import all Published articles in Freshdesk that are Visible to All users and Visible to Logged in Users.Solutions that are visible only to Agents and Selected companies will not be shown in the list for import.