Freshchat acts as a full-fledged support portal for your business enquiries on Facebook Messenger with advanced features like IntelliAssign, Smart Plugs, Chrome Notifications and a host of other features. Freshchat essentially scales your support to interact with and handle incessant incoming messages on Facebook Messenger without having to increase your manpower. When a user sends a text on your Messenger inbox, the agents will receive it in their Freshchat inbox from where they can reply to all customer queries and issues. The user will receive it as a message on their Messenger app. Multiple agents working on different issues can handle them all from one place, as Freshchat acts as the perfect chat support tool that helps you manage your presence on Facebook.
To integrate your Freshchat app with Facebook Messenger, follow the steps below:
Step 1: To create a new Facebook page
1. Go to Create a Page.
2. Click Get Started under the required category and fill in all the details for the page.
Step 2: To create a new App
1. Go to Facebook developers page
2. Click Get Started.
3. In the following screens, click Next and fill all the details to create a Facebook for Developers account.
4. Click My App and select Add a new App. The Create a new App ID pop-up appears.
5. Enter the Display Name and Contact Email . Click Create App ID.
6. The security check window appears. Click Submit. Your App page opens.
Step 3: To get the Page ID
1. Go to your Facebook page.
2. Click About.
3. Scroll to the bottom and copy the Page ID.
4. Go to your Freshchat account, select Settings.
5. Click Integrations and select Facebook Messenger.
6. Paste the Page ID.
Step 4: To get the App ID
1. Go to Facebook developers page.
2. Click on App ID to copy it.
3. Paste it in the App ID text box in your Freshchat Messenger Integration settings.
Step 5: To generate Page Token
1. Go back to Facebook developers page.
2. Click Settings.
3. Select Basic.
4. Fill in all the details.
5. Click Dashboard.
6. Click Set Up under Messenger.
You will be redirected to Token Generation page.
7. In the Page drop-down, select the page you want to integrate with Freshchat.
8. Facebook will request you to grant access to your public profile information. Click Ok.
9. Your Page Access Token is now generated.
10. Copy the Page Access Token.
11. Paste it in the Page Token text box in your Freshchat Messenger Integration settings page.
12. Click Subscribe.
Step 6: To set up Webhooks
1. Now go back to Facebook developers page.
2. Click Setup Webhooks.
3. Copy and paste the Callback URL and Token from your Freshchat Messenger Integration settings page.
4. Select the required Subscription Fields.
5. Click Verify and Save.
6. Under Webhooks, select your Page. Click Subscribe.
Step 7: To check if the integration is successful
1. Go to your Facebook Messenger.
2. Select your page and send a test message.
It should appear in your Freshchat account if the integration was successful.
Step 8: To verify the App
1. Go to App Review for Messenger in Facebook Developers page.
2. Click Add to Submission against your page. It will now appear under Current Submission.
3. Click Add Details. A pop-up window appears.
4. In Select a Page option, select your page.
5. Select Your messenger experience doesn’t include automated replies option.
6. Click Save.
7. Click Submit for Review.
Your integration will be successful only if your app review is successful.