To integrate Freshchat with your Slack account, sign in into Freshchat admin account (only admin can add integrations).
- Go to Settings--> Integrations in the menu and click on Slack.
- Click Add Slack Account.
- You should see permission request from Freshchat to access some information from your Slack account.
- Click on the green Authorize button in the bottom and you are almost done.
- A Channel called freshchat-chat is created automatically in your slack account to receive the messages and the user performing the integration is automatically added to that channel.
- If you want the messages to be sent to an existing channel , Choose the channel from the Select Channel Dropdown
- Click in the invite users dropdown to add more members to the channel.
To set-up a custom command for replying to Freshchat conversations, Click here and follow the below instructions.
Type in the name of the command you'd like to use for replying to messages. We recommend /reply.
Enter the following URL in the corresponding field with the correct App ID:
SLASH COMMAND TOKEN
Make a note of the token provided by slack for your team. We'll need you to fill it before you're done.
Fill the help text as in the screenshot below. Also, check the option for showing the command in auto-complete list.
Make sure that the command name is the same as you chose.
Click on 'Save Integration' once done.