If you have a Freshdesk account, chances are that you you want to repurpose the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on Freshdesk on your Freshchat account.
Here is how you can do transport your Freshdesk FAQ folders inside the Freshchat messenger:
After authorizing your Freshdesk account details with Portal URL and Admin User Token, follow the steps below.
- Select the FAQ folders you want to import from the drop-down.
- Select Do not overwrite category title and description if you want to retain the titles and description of the previously synced FAQs.
- Click Import FAQs.
- There's a Do not Overwrite Category Title and Description option on the Freshdesk integration page. If you keep this checked, on further sync your title and description will be preserved and not be overwritten even if it is changed in Freshdesk.
- In Freshdesk, there are three levels - Categories, Folders, and Articles, whereas in Freshchat there are only two levels - Categories and Articles.
- To make it compatible, the Freshdesk Folders become Freshchat FAQ Categories. The FAQs are maintained under each Category in Freshchat.
- You can import all Published articles in Freshdesk that are Visible to All users and Visible to Logged in Users.
- Solutions that are visible only to Agents and Selected companies will not be shown on the list for import.