If you have a Freshdesk account, chances are that you you want to repurpose the Frequently asked questions (FAQs) on Freshdesk on your Freshchat account.
Here is how you can transport your Freshdesk FAQ folders inside the Freshchat messenger:
After authorizing your Freshdesk account details in your Freshchat integration page with Portal URL and Admin User Token, follow the steps below.
1. Click in the Freshdesk FAQs text box, you'll see a drop-down.
2. Select the FAQ folders you want to import from Freshdesk.
3. Leave Do not overwrite category title and description unchecked if you want the changes you make in the future to your Freshdesk solution articles to reflect in the Freshchat FAQs. If you select this check box and later make any changes to your solution articles in Freshdesk, the changes won't reflect in Freshchat side.
- There's a Do not Overwrite Category Title and Description option on the Freshdesk integration page. If you keep this checked, on further sync your title and description will be preserved and not be overwritten even if it is changed in Freshdesk.
- In Freshdesk, there are three levels - Categories, Folders, and Articles, whereas in Freshchat there are only two levels - Categories and Articles.
- To make it compatible, the Freshdesk Folders become Freshchat FAQ Categories. The FAQs are maintained under each Category in Freshchat.
- You can import all Published articles in Freshdesk that are Visible to All users and Visible to Logged in Users.
- Solutions that are visible only to Agents and Selected companies will not be shown on the list for import.
- After importing, if you make any changes to Freshdesk articles, it won't reflect in Freshchat FAQs. Every time you make a change, you need to Import FAQs again to update those articles in Freshchat.