How to block an IP address?
To block an IP address
- Go to Settings.
- Click Block IP.
- Click Add IP address. A pop-up appears.
- Enter the IP address that you want to block.
- Click Block this IP.
How to unblock an IP address?
To unblock an IP address
- Click Remove against the IP address you want to unblock. A pop-up appears.
- Click Yes, unblock this IP.
The IP address is unblocked.
Things to know before blocking an IP address
- All current and new users from this IP address will be blocked.
- The blocked user will see the widget and send messages but those messages won’t reach your Freshchat Inbox.
- Once blocked, a Blocked via IP tag will be added to those users. This will be visible on the user’s profile.
- It is important to note that some regions in the world have a limited number of IP addresses, so blocking one IP address will result in blocking more than one address.
- Once blocked, a user can’t be unblocked. Removing blocked IP's will only affect new users coming in from that IP address. If you want to unblock a particular user, you have to contact email@example.com. Or ping us using the Freshchat widget.
Blocked User - Blocked via IP tag