You are not restricted to viewing your reports based on the available metrics and ticket fields. While filters help you refine your reporting, giving a partial understanding of your bot performance, you can gain deeper insights relevant to your business, you can make use of custom reports for the bots you build and use in Freshchat to harness your customer support data the way you want.
With Custom Reports, you can build reports the way you want, with minimal effort, all by yourself. It offers the flexibility to pick the metric(s) you want to study, the adaptability to select the right filters you want to apply, and the capability to employ the perfect dimensions to analyze your data.
Finding the widgets for the report
- Click on Reports > Bot performance > New Report on the top right.
- Name your new report, and choose between making the report visible to you or to everyone on your team.
- You will be able to view the widget library on the right panel. In case you are not able to see the panel, click on Add widget icon to display the widget library. The Add widget sidebar has three options:
- New: Create your widgets from scratch with Charts (for data visualization), Text (for adding context), and Images (to upload logos, GIFs, or pictures in general).
- Existing: Make use of existing widgets to go into your report.
- Templates: You will be able to add a list of reporting widgets specific to your account from across four modules: API Response, Conversations, Feedback, Messages.
- You can also search for the widgets that you want by using the search bar on top to find a particular widget quickly. Before searching, remember to select the module from which you want to pick a widget. For example here are the widgets for the 'Conversations' module :
Adding widgets to the report
- Once you have chosen a widget, drag and drop it on the report canvas. The widget will auto-load based on the preset metrics, filters, and group-bys.
- If you want to place the widgets in a spacious manner, you can add another canvas in the same report by clicking the at the bottom. In the newly created canvas, add the necessary widgets.
- To rename or delete the page, click on the downward arrow near the Page number.
- If you get a "No data" message on any widget, it means you don’t have any data related to the widget yet.
Customizing the widget
- Click on the that appears once you hover over the widget. You can edit your widget with these options. You can:
- Change the visualization type
- Clone the widget
- Rearrange the widget's size, position, and order
- Add it to your report or remove the widget.
- You can increase or decrease any widget size by clicking and dragging its bottom right corner. If you want to place it elsewhere on the report canvas, hover over the widget title to drag it wherever you want.
- Choosing this option will give you a list of visualizations you can select from. Click on the visualization you like and the widget will change accordingly– bar chart, horizontal bar chart, line chart (for date-based), donut chart, summary table, and tabular.
- Once your report is ready, you can Export, Schedule, or Present the report:
- Export: The export of the report will be sent to your email address
- Schedule: The export can be scheduled on a timely basis and can be sent automatically to multiple people.
- Present this report: The export can be instantly presented within the UI.