We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Steps to Create .p12 push certificate
1. Go to https://developer.apple.com and login in with your credentials. Click Add under “Certificates” element from the list.
2. Under Services in Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles select,
- iOS Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox) for creating sandbox/development certificate, or
- Apple Push Notification service SSL (Sandbox & Production) for universal certificate for both sandbox and production environment.
3. Click Continue. You will be taken to Create a New Certificate screen. Here select your AppId for which you want to create certificate.
4. In the next step you need to upload CSR(Certificate Signing Request) file if you already have one or you can create new certSigningRequest file using “KeyChain Access” as mentioned below.
Add your email address and save the certSigningRequest file in your machine.
Upload the certSigningRequest file you created and click “Continue” and then “Download” in the final screen.
5. Open your downloaded certificate in Keychain and right click on the file to export both the items as shown in the screenshot below, which also prompts you to download the .p12 file. Make sure you add a password to the .p12 file while you export it.
6. The certificate Password and App’s bundle ID are COMPULSORY in web portal. The password here should match the one you created while exporting the .p12.
Add them to https://web.freshchat.com/settings/apisdk to complete your web configuration.
If it is a production certificate it is MANDATORY to select the “Production certificate” checkbox for production app.
Code level changes are quite easy and straightforward for notification in your app. Refer our iOS SDK article.