We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Connecting your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page
- Connecting your Instagram account with Freshchat:
- Assigning conversations from Instagram to your agents:
- Handling Instagram DMs, comments and story mentions in Freshchat
- Deploying bots on Instagram from Freshchat:
- Message types supported on Instagram
Connect your existing Instagram Business accounts with Freshchat and start engaging with your customers. Supported by the Freshworks Neo platform’s Messaging API, this integration will enable you to send and receive Instagram direct messages from within Freshchat. You can respond to story replies, direct messages, and comments and also deploy bots to support your customers effectively.
- An active Instagram Business account with a Facebook page connected to it.
- An active paid subscription with Freshchat.
- You must be the administrator.
- To manage messages over the API, you need to enable message control using the steps below.
- Enable Message Control Connected Tools Settings
Connecting your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page
- Go to Facebook Page Settings → Instagram.
- In case you have connected your Facebook Business page from the Instagram mobile app, please disconnect and reconnect from the Facebook Business page.
Enable Message Control Connected Tools Settings.
Check out the video below to understand how to integrate your Instagram account with Freshchat.
Connecting your Instagram account with Freshchat:
Connect your Instagram Business account with Freshchat in a few simple steps!
- Go to Admin → Channels → Instagram DM.
- Click on ‘Add Account’
- You will get redirected to the ‘Log in to Facebook’ page. Sign in to your Instagram Business account
- You should get directed to an authorization page once you sign in. Click on ‘Continue’ to authorize (Freshchat) Freshworks to access your Instagram DM.
- On the next screen, you can select the Instagram Business accounts you want to connect to your Freshchat account - you can select up to 50 accounts. (Please note the Instagram Business account must have a Facebook page connected to it)
- You may choose which Business Pages (linked to the Instagram Business account) you’d like to connect with your Freshchat account.
- Configure permissions to enable the integration.
- And, you are all set to now start supporting your customers through Instagram DM from Freshchat!
Configure Freshworks App as Primary Receiver in Facebook page settings
In Facebook Page Settings -> Advanced Messaging - > Handover Protocol -> Instagram Receiver -> Select Freshworks App.
You can connect up to 50 Instagram Business accounts and choose to remove the account from within your Freshchat instance at any point in time.
We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans. We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Please note that the integration will not work if the prerequisites are not met.
Assigning conversations from Instagram to your agents:
Each Instagram page also gets its own Topic in Admin > Topics. You can use it to further enhance your customer service experience by having a specialized agent group handle these questions by assigning the Topic (all the questions from Instagram) to the group.
Handling Instagram DMs, comments and story mentions in Freshchat
To read more about handling Instagram DMs, head over to this article.
Deploying bots on Instagram from Freshchat:
When you are creating the bot, you can select Instagram in the first step right after naming the bot.
To know more about setting up a bot flow, read this article.
Message types supported on Instagram