When you have a global customer base, a bot talking to your customers in a language they best understand will improve your customer support and CSAT rating. With the bot builder, you can configure multiple languages in a single pane. If a particular conversation needs to be updated for another language, you can access it in the bot builder and update the conversation for just that language.
A quick guide to setting up multilingual bots
- Navigate to Flows > Configure > Multilingual. Make sure to select the correct bot version.
- Pick the required languages from the drop-down, and they will get listed. Here are the languages that are supported today.
- Click on Download bot script to get the bot flows in your account's primary language. In the file that downloads, you will find all the flows that you have built (in your primary language).
- Replace the text in your primary account language with translations in the language you are offering customer service in.
- Once you've completed the translations, you can click on Upload file to upload the updated file against the corresponding language.
- The versioning feature supports multilingual translations. You do not have to worry about re-uploading the translation file for every version. However, when you make any changes to the newer (or draft) version of the bot, remember to download the existing translation file of the draft version, add translations just for the newer changes, and upload it to the same draft version.
|NOTE||The multilingual translation files are unique to each version of the bot. Uploading the translation file of one bot version to another bot version can cause issues.|