We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Facebook Messenger is one of the popular social media channels to interact with your customers and boost your market. Enable instance customer service powered by artificial intelligence. Integrate your bots from Freshchat with Facebook Messenger and let your bot handle all your customer questions from Facebook. This solution article will walk you through how you can integrate Facebook Messenger with your bot.
Note: Due to their efforts to comply with Europe and Japan’s privacy guidelines, Facebook will place restrictions on its usage of the Messenger API. These restrictions will apply for Europe from December 16th, 2020, and for Japan from April 14th, 2021. Click here to learn how this might impact you.
Setting up your Facebook page
- To deploy your bots on Facebook Messenger, first, make sure your Facebook page has a call-to-action button for your customers to get in touch with you. You can refer to Facebook's guide to adding an action button to your page here. Make sure that the action button is set up to contact you through Facebook Messenger, which is where you'll be deploying your bots.
Integrating your Freshchat account with your Facebook page
- Follow these instructions to integrate Facebook Messenger with Freshchat . Make sure you grant all the necessary permissions during this integration.
- Once you've integrated your Facebook Messenger with Freshchat all your messages from the page will be routed to your Freshchat inbox.
Setting up your bots for Facebook Messenger
- You've configured your Facebook page to integrate with Freshchat . Click on Chatbots from the menu and start building your bot. If you haven't already built your first bot, click here to learn more.
- Select Facebook Messenger as your channel when you are on the New Bot Creation page.
- When you build the bot, you will be shown elements specific to Facebook Messenger only.
Once you've finished setting up the bot, publish the bot and navigate to Deploy at the top right corner of the screen.
This will take you to Admin > Topics where you can see the list of topics that you have already configured. You will also be able to see Topics for each Facebook page that you configured.
Any customers reaching out to you on Facebook or via Facebook Messenger will have their conversations routed to the respective Topic, where the bot will get triggered to start responding to offer great customer service to your customers. It'll be a seamless experience for them, while your bots handle the repetitive questions, you can always set up the bot to gracefully handover conversations to human agents wherever personalized, empathetic responses are required.