When you use the conversation widget from Freshchat to deploy your bot, your customers will be able to use Topics. Topics are specific messaging channels that your customers can use to connect to your team. Depending on the Topic, you can offer specific support. If you’re using bots, you can trigger a different bot flow for each Topic.
Only the conversations widget can be connected to Freshchat Topics. To know more about the differences between the conversations widget and the self-service widget, click here.
- Set up your bots with the Freshchat bot builder, making sure to build specific bot flows for each Topic that you want to deploy your bots on.
- To start using the conversations widget, finish setting up your bot flows, navigate to Deploy > Deploy options > Conversations widget > Save.
- Navigate to Admin > Topics.
- If you already haven't already configured your Topics, click (+) Topic. If you have already configured your topics, click on the topic name. Either way, you'll land on the Topic settings page, and you can start editing it.
- On this page, toggle the Trigger a bot and pick the bot that you built with the specific flows designed for this Topic.
- When a customer reaches the widget and opens the topic, they will be greeted by your bot