We've built the self-service widget to make it easier for your customers to help themselves while sharing the necessary information with your chatbot. To start using the self-service widget, finish setting up your bot flows, navigate to Deploy > Deploy options > Self-service widget > Save.
Click here to learn more about customizing the self-service widget.
When you use the self-service widget, you get all of the features from the unified bot builder but might miss out on some Freshchat specific features. The features that you get include:
- Dropdowns that offer multiple options for the customer to pick
- Carousels that offer multiple options with detailed information (such as a description, image, URL, etc. for each option)
- Rich text inputs to customize your messages with a rich text editor to format your text
- Quick actions, such as predefined buttons or a widget menu
- Trigger actions on your customer’s end through client-side actions
- Custom properties to offer contextual help.
Some of Freshchat's features built for human conversations are unavailable with this widget meant for self-service.
When you use the self-service widget, you won’t be able to use features like push messages, FAQs, or Topics.
We've noticed that these features are used to facilitate conversations, as opposed to self-service. We've taken these features made for conversing with agents and packaged them into the Conversations widget.