Setting up Quick Actions in a bot conversation
Modified on: Thu, 29 Apr, 2021 at 4:34 PM
We will be replacing the older version of Freshdesk with the new Mint experience on January 31, 2019. All your data and configurations will remain intact. Switching back to the old Freshdesk will not be possible.
To read about this feature on Freshdesk Mint, refer to this article instead
This feature is currently not available on Freshdesk Mint.
This feature is not available on the old Freshdesk.
The Quick Actions feature enables customers to move around quickly while interacting with your bot. You can allow your customers to go to the previous or a different dialog or conversation at any point in time at just a click of a button or shortcuts that you set up.
|NOTE||Predefined buttons and the widget menu will only be available when you’re using the self-service widget. They are not supported if you use the conversations widget or if you deploy the bot on |
A quick guide to setting up Quick Actions
- Click on the Flows > Configure > Quick actions from the menu.
- Give your quick action a name under Label
- Define which dialog this quick action should lead to upon selection under Go to dialog
- Choose the required type of quick action. There are three types:
- Predefined buttons: Choose this option if the defined quick action is to be a button in the flow. This button can show up for all dialogs when your customers interact with the bot by default by selecting the checkbox.
- Widget menu: Choose this option if the defined quick action is to show up as part of the widget menu.
- Slash command: Choose this option if the defined quick action should be triggered by a / command in the input box.
|NOTE||Slash commands and widget menu options can be defined globally but are not customizable for every conversation. Preset buttons can be defined globally and are customizable for every conversation.|
- You can also make use of a new default Go back quick action, which you can use in any of your dialogs. This will enable your customer to go back to the previous menu.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?