We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans.
We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Facebook Messenger is one of the popular social media channels to interact with your customers and boost your market. Enable instance customer service powered by artificial intelligence. Integrate your bots from Freshdesk Messaging with Facebook Messenger and let your bot handle all your customer questions from Facebook. This solution article will walk you through how you can integrate Facebook Messenger with your bot.
Note: Due to their efforts to comply with Europe and Japan’s privacy guidelines, Facebook will place restrictions on its usage of the Messenger API. These restrictions will apply for Europe from December 16th, 2020, and for Japan from April 14th, 2021. Click here to learn how this might impact you.
Setting up your Facebook page
- To deploy your bots on Facebook Messenger, first, make sure your Facebook page has a call-to-action button for your customers to get in touch with you. You can refer to Facebook's guide to adding an action button to your page here. Make sure that the action button is set up to contact you through Facebook Messenger, which is where you'll be deploying your bots.
Integrating your Freshdesk Messaging account with your Facebook page
- Follow these instructions to integrate Facebook Messenger with Freshdesk Messaging. Make sure you grant all the necessary permissions during this integration.
- Once you've integrated your Facebook Messenger with Freshdesk Messaging, all your messages from the page will be routed to your Freshdesk Messaging inbox.
Setting up your bots for Facebook Messenger
- You've configured your Facebook page to integrate with Freshdesk Messaging. Click on Chatbots from the menu and start building your bot. If you haven't already built your first bot, click here to learn more.
- When you build the bot, keep in mind to just use the input options that are supported by Facebook Messenger, such as texts, URLs, and images.
- Once you've finished setting up the bot, navigate to Deploy > Deploy options > Messaging channels > Save.
- After saving, click on the Deploy button on the Deploy on existing channels.
- This will take you to Admin > Topics where you can see the list of topics that you have already configured. You will also be able to see Topics for each Facebook page that you configured.
- Open the Facebook page Topic for which you have configured the bot > toggle Trigger a bot > select the bot that you just set up > Publish.
- Once you click Publish, navigate back to the Deploy page of the bot (which will be in the previous tab), and click Save. Once this is done, you can Publish the bot.
Any customers reaching out to you on Facebook or via Facebook Messenger will have their conversations routed to the respective Topic, where the bot will get triggered to start responding to offer great customer service to your customers. It'll be a seamless experience for them, while your bots handle the repetitive questions, you can always set up the bot to gracefully handover conversations to human agents wherever personalized, empathetic responses are required.