Topics are like IVR for chat but more modern, fast, and personal. Topics connect customers to experts in your team. Topics also keep conversations specific to a topic (e.g billing) in one continuous thread.
- Topics are more descriptive and true to what this capability can do for you and your customers.
- Message channels was not self-explanatory and the name conflicted with our mobile, WhatsApp, Apple Business Chat, and Facebook Messenger messaging channels.
A few ways in which Topics can be used for your business,
* Topics connect customers to experts in your team. Categorize conversations into topics (E.g. Billing, Support, Sales, etc) and route them to the right groups — messages received on the Billing topic will be routed to billing experts in your team and messages on the Support Topic can be routed to your support specialists.
* Topics can be mapped to Custom Bots. A "Demo" topic can trigger a bot flow where a lead is qualified and a Google Calendar app books the meeting.
* Topics can be different for different webpages and types of visitors - identified users or new users. This can be achieved via tags.
*Topics are multilingual and can be translated into other languages.