To improve your team’s productivity you can auto-resolve (close) conversations with customers who have stopped interacting. You can set the time for auto-resolving conversations.
This will help your team to better organize their Inbox and focus on conversations that requires their attention.
To do this, go to Settings > Auto Resolve
Push the toggle to enabled. Set the time limit after which the conversation will be auto-resolved. You can auto-resolve conversations assigned to specific teams (groups) and also label auto-resolved messages to easily identify them later. Or even auto-convert these conversations into Freshdesk tickets.
Now if a customer doesn't reply on a conversation for more than 10 minutes, the conversation will be auto-resolved (closed) and moved to the Resolved view.
Some important pointers
- Which will take precedence Auto resolve or Away experience?
The Away Experience kicks in only outside your business hours. Hence, during your business hours, when a user intiates a chat, auto resolve takes precedence and not away experience.
- How to disable auto resolve for a particular conversation?
Go to the conversation > click on the Resolve button (✔) in the top right corner > Disable auto resolve
- How to assign different labels for conversations handled by different groups that have auto-resolve enabled?
At the moment we don't have this functionality but it should be available soon.
- What is the minimum time limit that you need to set to auto resolve conversations?
You need to set a time limit of minimum 5 minutes.
- How does auto-resolve work with IntelliAssign?
In IntelliAssign, you can configure auto-resolve to automatically resolve a conversation when it becomes inactive. You can enable this under IntelliAssign Settings.